What is cryo sculpting?
It is a non-invasive, state-of-the art, new treatment where a hand held device pressurizes and freezes liquid CO2 making a dry gas. The dry gas is then sprayed on the client at the area of their choice. The high pressure allows us to achieve deeper penetration and faster cooling, overcoming the resistance of hardened fat cells. This safe and effective method kills the fat cells in a process called cryolipolysis. The dead cells are then drained normally though your lymphatics system.
What is cryolipolysis?
Cryolipolysis uses extreme cold to freeze fat cells in a targeted area of choice which causes the fat cells to die. Fat cells are more affected by cold temperatures than other cells. At these colder temperatures, the fat cells freeze and die, but your surrounding cells don’t leaving your skin and other tissues unharmed. It is intended to reduce areas of fat that have not responded to diet or exercise which will give you an overall slimmer look.
Is the treatment painful?
No, however every person’s tolerance to tenderness is different. To some people, the treatment may give a “tingling” feeling once the treatment area has reached colder temperatures.
How long between each session?
It depends on the type of treatment. For cryo sculpting, the treatments are usually about a week apart. Other treatments vary from every other day (red light therapy) or 2 weeks apart (cellulite and skin tightening treatments so the skin can repair). This will be discussed at the first visit for clarification.
Why do I have to sign a waiver?
Signing the waiver protects YOUR wellness because it gives important information including contradictions, what to expect before, during, and after treatment, consent (or refusal) for photo usage, and other pertinent information associated with Divine Contours, LLC and its services.
What should I do after or between sessions to improve the results?
We recommend following these best practices & guidelines:
– Stay properly hydrated. Increase water intake and add lemon and/or apple cider vinegar if possible. Consider water alternatives, such as healthy electrolyte drinks
– Exercise daily for 15-30 minutes
– Massage the area. Optional: wear compression clothing if available
– Avoid sugars (especially fructose), refined grains (especially gluten), and chemically modified fats
– Limit high salt foods for 1-2 days post treatment
– Take Magnesium or Herbs such as Goldensea, Calendula, Echinacea, and Astragalus
– Take Vitamin C to avoid hyperpigmentation
– Do deep breathing exercises
– Perform dry brushing in sweeping motions, always toward the heart
Most of the above are known to promote healthy lymphatic drainage.
What is Frotox Facial (Cryo Facial)?
– When we age, our dermal layer of skin thins, and collagen breaks down at a faster rate then we produce it. This results in thinning skin, wrinkles, and sagging tissue.
– A Cryo Facial is the use of cryotherapy (very cold temperatures) on the face. It’s a non-invasive treatment intended to reduce the appearance of fine lines & wrinkles using our state-of-the-art cryo-aesthetics equipment. The treatment stimulates collagen production and helps improve overall skin appearance.
– Most Cryo Facials include the use of hyper-cooled dry gas, combined with the use of cold applicators that target fine lines/wrinkles.
– Benefits include: Tightening loose or sagging skin, reducing fine lines & wrinkles, plus jaw and cheekbone sculpting.
It can also reduce the appearance of some skin blemishes and/or discoloration.
What is cryo skin rejuvenation?
Cryo skin rejuvenation covers several treatments including cellulite reduction, minimizing stretch marks, scars, scar tissues, and acne.
How many treatments should I do?
This is has a lot to do with the client. Everyone responds to treatments differently but it depends on how much slimming you are looking for. The recommendation is 6 treatments for visible, best results. This is spread out to around a session per week. The more reduction desired, then the more treatments needed. However, some clients have noticed changes after the first couples sessions.
How long does the results last?
The loss of the fat cells is permanent. It is important to understand that once the fat cell dies it is gone forever. However, if you are not changing any eating habits, exercising, and drinking plenty of water then new fat cells will form. This will appear as if the treatments are not giving you your desired results because you are adding new fat cells to your body throughout the process. Daily diet and exercise is recommended throughout the treatment process for best results.
How long is each session?
Each session time depends on the size of the area being treated, which can average about 5-10 minutes. However, we reserve 30 minutes for a full treatment. We usually add on a 15-20 minute vibration plate therapy with the red light belt after the cryo body sculpting treatment to improve your results, which is complimentary.
Are there any side effects?
Clients may experience:
– Increased energy & feeling happy
– Some temporary redness in the treatment area
– Possibly more frequent bathroom visits (body flushing out the dead fat cells)
– On rare occasions:
– Mild bloating
– Mild rash
– If a treatment area is somewhat over-exposed to cold, a skin burn may occur. These can be easily treated with ointments such as silver dioxide, Silver Miracles Colloidal Silver Gel, Improved Medihoney Gel Wound & Burn, or other similar over-the-counter ointments
– Clients who have darker skin, when/if the skin is injured, it can result in Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation (PIH). It is a temporary inflammatory response to the injury (Cryo is anti-inflammatory). This can be discussed in detail and ways to prevent PIH at the first visit or at a free 30 minute consultation.
How does pain management treatment work?
When getting the target area cold, we are causing vasoconstriction in the area. This is slowing down the blood flow. Once the target area starts to warm up, the target area goes into vasodilation. This is where the blood vessel dilates and causes an increased amount of blood to flow into the target area pushing out the inflammation (edema causing pain are signs of inflammation). This provides relief as well as increased range of motion. Therefore, the relief is felt when the body warms up in the area. This process can be repeated multiple times based on the amount of relief you are getting.
How does treatment address acne?
Generically speaking, if we’re focusing on acne-related skin care, we’re either working to reduce active acne or correct skin conditions as a result of older acne.
– With active acne, we can usually help to begin to clear it up within 1-3 treatments over the course of a week. From there, we can either have you come in when the acne is flaring up again, or see about working with you on a more regular basis to see if we can help prevent acne from surfacing as often.
– If we’re addressing skin conditions (such as some blemishes/scars) that were caused by acne, we would normally need to take a bit more time to help rejuvenate the facial skin. A minimum of 12 treatments would be recommended, and we’d likely recommend visits every 2 weeks. Once we see the skin improve, we can space out the treatments to every 3 or 4 weeks.
Once we have the skin in a place that our clients feel comfortable with, then maintenance treatments would be more infrequent.
Skin loses its elasticity as we age, so results are not likely permanent, but we can slow down the process with maintenance treatment programs from time to time.